Glass is one of the most versatile materials used in the trades, furnishings, and automotive industries today. Sparkling and clear or beautifully coloured and patterned, it comes in a wide range of types to serve a variety of needs.
As Practical as It Is Beautiful
The first thing that comes to mind when you hear the word is windows. It is, of course, the material of choice for windows in both buildings and vehicles. It also is the best material for mirrors—with only a metal coating on one side creating a mirrored surface.
But it’s also equally at home as a tabletop, and as household implements, such as glasses and plates. See-through cabinet fronts made from it give homeowners all the cachet of open shelving without endless dusting. Some designers even use it for high-end wardrobes, usually in an opaque or semi-opaque version.
Museums, zoos, and factories with observatory decks for tours use it for see-through fencing. It allows visitors to see displays without getting too close.
Glass Product Range
Architectural and Vehicle Applications
- Toughened: Specially crafted glass goes through a toughening process that makes it more difficult to break. When it does, it shatters into small chunks rather than sharp chards. This safer material can then become sliding doors, building facades, and see-through partitions in homes and offices.
- Laminated: Layers of glass bonded to an inner layer of a polymer material to hold it together make an item more difficult for breakage to occur. This makes it ideal for vehicle windscreens and building applications.
One of the most beautiful elements in a room or building, its sparkle can make a room come alive in a variety of design applications. Its clear or semi-opaque appearance allows light to flow through, giving an illusion of more space.
It can even take on a patterned look. As it comes out of the furnace, it is still pliable. Passing it through special rollers as it exits the furnace creates patterns on its surface.
- Clear, coloured, frosted, or patterned varieties
- Commercial applications for offices and medical facilities
- Custom applications
- Glass balustrades, railings, and furnitures
- Shower screens
Repair, Installation, and Replacement
Even though modern methods can create varieties that are more difficult to break, breakage still happens. Older fittings wear out and need repair or replaced. New commercial buildings and homes need fittings installed. Find services to provide emergency or routine repairs and installation.
- Emergency services
- Cut to size
Automotive and construction applications often require specially crafted glass. Tinted windscreens, for instance help drivers cut down on the sun’s glare, while laminated and toughened materials work well in doors and see-through fencing. Here are some ideas:
- Architectural applications
- Frameless fencing
- Laminated, safety, tinted, and toughened glass
Architectural Glass | China & Glass Decoration | China & Glass Repairs & Restorations | Clear Glass | Clear Glass Main | Coloured Glass | Commercial Glass | Conservatories | Custom Glass | Double Glazed Windows | Emergency Glass | Frameless Glass Fencing | Frosted Glass | Glass Balustrade and Railing Fittings | Glass Balustrades and Railings | Glass Balustrades and Railings Glass Fittings | Glass Blowing | Glass Bricks & Accessories | Glass Cut To Size | Glass Etching | Glass Fencing Glass | Glass Furniture | Glass Furnitures | Glass Installation | Glass Installations |